Schedule and Course Material
The course runs for a duration of seven weeks. Each week starts with an energizing kickstarter, material for self-study, a tutorial, and exercises/activities. Gradually, you will develop your coding skills, enabling you to work productively on your team project.
Click on each course week for details.
- Please always bring a laptop to class. Lectures and tutorials are not scheduled in computer rooms, but you require a computer to follow the classes.
|Week 0||Preparation before the course starts|
|Week 1||Thu 1 Sep||8.45-11.30||On campus||Getting started with R|
|Week 2||Thu 8 Sep||8.45-10.30||On campus||Tutorial: Project management and version control|
|Week 3||Mon 12 Sep||10.45-12.30||Online||Team coaching #1|
|Thu 15 Sep||8.45-10.30||On campus||Tutorial: Data exploration using RMarkdown|
|Week 4||Mon 19 Sep||10.45-12.30||Online||Team coaching #2|
|Thu 22 Sep||8.45-10.30||On campus||Tutorial: Engineering datasets|
|Week 5||Mon 26 Sep||12.45-14.30||On campus||Team coaching #3|
|Wed 28 Sep||8.45-10.30||On campus||Tutorial: Pipeline automation|
|Week 6||Mon 3 Oct||10.45-12.30||Online||Team coaching #4|
|Thu 6 Oct||8.45-10.30||On campus||Team coaching #5|
|Week 7||Mon 10 Oct||12.45-14.30||Online||Team coaching #6|
|Thu 13 Oct||8.45-10.30||On campus||Course summary and exam preparation|
- The schedule can also be viewed in Tilburg University’s MyTimetable.
- Login credentials for the live streams will be made available on the Canvas page of this course for students from Tilburg University, and via email to remaining students.
- If recordings are made, you will find them on Hannes’ YouTube channel. Subscribe to it now to stay up-to-date!
- If code is shared, you will typically find it on Hannes’ GitHub Gists.